Complaints Policy and procedure
Author/Responsible Trustee: Alan Clee
Role: Lead Trustee, Beyond the Horizon Charity
Review date: January 2022
Approved by: Trustees
In use since: 1 April 2014
Comments/reviewer: Jenny Graham, 7th Jan 2019
Comments/reviewer: Trustees, 11th Jan 2019
Beyond the Horizon Charity aims to provide high quality services which meet the needs of the children, families, professionals that we support. We welcome all feedback about our services whether positive or negative. If you have a complaint about us, please let us know.
In order to ensure our services remain at a high and improving standard, we have a procedure through which you can let us know of for any reason you are not satisfied with your dealings with the organisation.
How to Complain
If you are not happy with Beyond the Horizon Charity, please tell us. If you are unhappy about the service you have received, or you are unhappy with an individual member of the team you can:
- Speak to the relevant team member that has been supporting you or your child
- If you would prefer to speak to someone else who is not involved directly with supporting your child speak to the Chief Executive Officer.
- If your complaint is about the Chief Executive Officer, please write to the Chair of Trustees.
What happens next
Often, we will be able to give you a response straight away. When the matter is more complicated, we will give you at least an initial response within five working days.
What happens if you are not happy with our response:
If you are not satisfied with the response you have received or if you wish to raise the matter more formally, please write to Chief Executive Officer (please see details below).
All written complaints will be logged. You will receive a written acknowledgement within three working days.
The aim is to investigate your complaint properly and give you a reply within ten working days, setting out how the problem will be dealt with. If this is not possible, an interim response will be made informing you of the action taken to date or being considered.
If after we have responded you are not satisfied, please write to the Chair of Trustees who will report the matter to the next meeting of the Trustees, which will decide on any further steps to resolve the situation.
Chief Executive Officer: Jenny Graham. 0121 444 5454. email@example.com
Beyond the Horizon Charity, Holy Cross Centre, Beauchamp Road, Billesley, B13 0NS.
Chair of Trustees: Alan Clee. firstname.lastname@example.org
Beyond the Horizon Charity, Holy Cross Centre, Beauchamp Road, Billesley, B13 0NS
You can complain if you think these are at issue:
- Fundraising – the way you’ve been asked for donations; how fundraisers behave.
- Advertising – if this is offensive, deceptive or inaccurate; or about the amount of mail/ emails you get
- If we are not doing what we claim to do; that we are losing lots of money; harming people; being used for personal profit or gain; or involved in illegal activity.